One of the hardest things to do these days is maintain good health. The main reason for that is people are too busy to eat the right thing and, in most cases, don’t even have a proper diet in place to follow.
But if you want to have a good healthy life, it is important that you maintain your diet. Just remember these three simple rules of healthy living… 1. Eat Right, 2. Exercise More and 3. Stay Positive!
The main cause of human diseases is centered around the food we eat. There are too many chemicals in the bad food we eat that it affects our bodies in ways we can’t ever imagine.
Changing your habits may be the best, if not the ONLY solution. What goes into your body may either build you up or bring you down. Problems like diabetes, cancer, epilepsy and other problematic diseases can be avoided if we eat right. Many doctors will advise you to change your diet as a primary recommendation prior to prescribing you medicine.
The Ketogenic Diet or simply Keto Diet is among the most highly recommended healthy eating habits. It is a diet that combines low-carb, high-fat diet eating which inherently come with many health benefits.
If you don’t want to go to the gym or maintain a regular cardio regime every day to lose weight, this is the diet that may help. Recent studies have revealed the benefits of keeping on the Keto Diet. In fact, it has also been concluded to be one of the best defense mechanisms against diabetes, cancer, epilepsy and other similar diseases.
Many people don’t know what keto diet is really about. This is why you are in the right place to receive guidance. We are going to share everything you need to know about the diet for maximum benefits.
WHAT IS THE KETO DIET?
Before you start asking about what you should or shouldn’t eat, understand what the diet is all about. As we are all aware, too many carbohydrates are not good for the body. And fats from the traditional sense were always to blame for high blood pressure, increased cholesterol, and diabetes . However new studies have shown this not always the case.
In essence, this diet encompasses meals that are low in carbs and high in fats. Perhaps you already know about Atkins and other low-carb diets. Keto diet shares similar characteristics. The Keto Diet encourages a reduction of carbohydrates intake. You only intake just enough to maintain a healthy baseline. In the place of overeating carbs they are replaced by increased consumption of fats. The goal is to achieve a certain metabolic state for your body known as ketosis. Hence the name keto.
This state converts your body into a fat burning machine producing more energy. All the fats you take in are converted into useful energy that gives you a more energetic day.
As if that is not enough, this state turns the fat into ketones in the liver. What you feel from this is a more energetic brain. You have energy flowing which enhances your brain cognition and as a result lead to making better decisions.
Ketone production is good for people with diabetes as they encourage a reduction of blood sugar. The sugar is turned into more useful energy, additionally with the increased ketones have numerous benefits for your health resulting in a positive domino effect throughout your day.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF KETO DIETS?
Ketogenic diets come in different types. It all depends on the types of food you focus on.
- The Standard ketogenic diet or (SKD) no surprise come with very low protein and high-fat. Typically, the diet has 75% fat with 20% protein. This leaves only 5 % of the diet to carbs. With such a focus on fats, you are sure to get best energy in your body. The more fats you get the more can be burned.
- CKD is a short form for Cyclical Ketogenic Diet. In this type, there are periods of carb refeeds. For instance, you can get 5 ketogenic days and the remaining two day in a week to focus on high-carb. It is all about ensuring there is a balance in your body and everything you intake is measured right.
- Targeted ketogenic diet gives more room to carbs. It is a diet that works around carbs intake from time to time. However, the carbs are measured in way they cannot negatively impact the benefits.
- High-protein ketogenic diet. Proteins are a very important part of human diet in terms of energy generation. Here is a diet that includes more proteins. In each diet, fats are always high and this is no different. With 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs, you have perfect diet to give your body enough energy.
Despite there being all these various types, extensive research is still being carried out every day. Each type of diet has a specific group of people it aims to benefit. For instance, Cynical and TKD types are ideal for body builders and athletes. They are advanced methods that not just anyone can use.
BENEFITS OF KETOGENIC DIETS
The benefits associated with eating a ketogenic diet are obvious. For starters, you are looking at improving your overall health. Here are some other benefits.
- Weight Loss. Keto diet will get you in the shape you want while significantly reducing risk factors for diseases. According to research, this is a better approach than using low-fat diet. The increased protein intake comes with so many benefits while the ketones lower the blood sugar level.
- They can help with diabetes and pre-diabetes. What causes diabetes? It is the changes in the metabolism, high blood sugar and impaired insulin function. Ketogenic diet focuses on helping you lose excess fat by changing it into energy. It also improves insulin sensitivity by up to 75%.
- Other benefits. Keto diet also helps against heart diseases, cancer, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. It is good as well for polycystic ovary syndrome, brain injuries and acne.
Staying healthy in the modern world in harder than you may think. Even though we know what to do and how to do it, many people still don’t find time to practice good eating habits. We hope this guide helps you understand the importance of keto diet and encourages you to try it out. For more amazing content check out link below with our friend Thomas DeLauer on the “How To Keto” below @ThomasDelauer
“Just remember these three simple rules of healthy living… 1. Eat Right, 2. Exercise More and 3. Stay Positive!”